SMS75 corrugated inflator hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I purchased my SMS75, it came with the inflator hose routed straight up the harness strap to the shoulder. However, in this position...it makes the harness feel kind of awkward (a bit tight in that area). I have noticed there are pictures of people who have the corrugated inflator hose routed across their chest and mounted near their sternum/breastplate. I am contemplating doing this but unsure the best way to secure it there. Thoughts?

Simply take a piece of thin bungee and a small bolt snap and clip it to D ring (with hose going diagonally to other side of body).

Simply take a piece of thin bungee and a small bolt snap and clip it to D ring (with hose going diagonally to other side of body).
that is was what I was thinking. but wanted to check to see what others were doing. Thanks!

i just use a simple loop of thin bungee tied through the slider on the dring on the opposite side.

IMG_0596.JPG

I used to route my Hollis 75's inflator hose across my chest and clip it into the right-side D-rings, but doing so put the BC's inflator right about where my drysuit's inflator button goes. I've gone back to routing the inflator up the left-side straps, and I'm happy with it being there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom