sms 100 sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarasen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
hello, may i assist about sms 100 size?
i am a 184cm and 114 kg. i want to buy that bc but my local shop doesnt have xxl size. so they offer xl
is it ok for me? -they said in may they have a xxl. is xl ok for me or may i wait for xxl?
-thanks and sorry for bad english.

What kind of diving do you expect to be doing? You should pick a model that fits your plans. If you are planning to go to Mexico and dive AL 80s, the SMS 100 would not be your best choice--and that is indeed an understatement.

Here are three very different systems--and you would really need to talk with someone to find out how they fit the needs of different kinds of divers.

Scuba BCD | Buy Scuba BCD | Dive Right In Scuba | www.diverightinscuba.com - Dive Right in Scuba, BCD Inflation Style Sidemount

@tbone1004: yes, thats a good bc too. i am a padi owsi. so my diving time especially in open water. with classic scuba gear. i think sms 100 should be little good: for use open water, and learn sidemount-i dont have any experience about sm. yet. 100 looks like classic bcd. so i think i quick adapt this. do you have any advice?
@Dive Right In Scuba: I am from Turkey. i see a lot of videos about great Mexico caves.but Mexico just dream for now:) as i said i am owsi and want to start sidemount. i looking for sm bcd to use both: openwater with classic gear and starting level sm. Halycom, Apeks, The Razor and the others should be good choice. but in my country-Turkey- they dont any seller or technic service. So my opinions is: hollis series, and x deep. -i know both are them have dist. in my country. i dont know about the others-for sm. xdeep looking good but i need harness both use. ow classic and sm. do you have any advice too?
thanks for replies and again sorry for my bad english.

If I follow correctly, you would like a rig to do bm and sm.
They're a few...
I can only recommend the UTD alpha/delta wing and harness + STA for bm. Works for me, wing lift is tuneable, inflator goes left, right or top, wing doesn't football when fully inflated. SM is about tuneability and preference. I don't like UTD bunggees. Easy fix...
I will let other owners speak to the merits of their rigs.
Happy diving!

I discovered that our search program is not working as it should right now, and the Hollis materials did not show up on the link I sent before. Here is what we have for Hollis.

Search results for: 'hollis sms' - Dive Right in Scuba

Shipping to Turkey would be free, by the way.

I dive the SMS 75 myself, by the way, and I like it.

should be fine, though I would recommend you get the SMS75 over the SMS100, it is a much better rig.
Hey tbone, what makes the 75 better than the 100? I want a rig that can be quickly and easily changed from twin BM to single BM to SM. Which is the best one for that?
Cheers, Mike

The Hollis SMS's are not made for aluminum tanks. They really suck for them. The X Deep is a much better choice. The idea of swapping back and forth between BM and SM with one bc isn't that great of an idea. Honestly if you are wanting to try SM but don't want to spend a lot of money just buy a DECO rig or pick up a used X Deep classic. I see these selling for under $300 all the time. Also you can't hardly give away a used SMS so those are cheap too but as stated previously suck with al 80's

I only have steel Fabers so all good there. I want to be able to switch between twin and single BM and have a go at SM if/when I want. I know there's no rig that does everything perfectly but from what I've read the SMS100 does them all pretty well. If there's a better option I'd love some feedback.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom