Smile!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello SeaCure! Jeez, you folks sure have some serious supporters, judging from various reviews I've read. One question I haven't found answered yet though, maybe because it's not about the custom "bite" aspect of your product.

I have a problem with mask leakage due to "smile lines" at the upper corners of my mouth, which seems worse with some types of mouthpieces. (We're talking 5-6 masks tried too!) Can you tell me if a SeaCure might help this problem or is the custom fit part not applicable to the upper mouth area? (In other words would the mouthpiece still cause my surrounding mouth area to push out and exagerate the problem?) Thanks. :eyebrow: // ww

This answer is from our inventor/ owner/ orthodontist-
We wish we could tell you that we could solve your problem, but it's almost impossible to tell without seeing you and how things fit. Having said that - the mouthpiece is moldable and will tend to flow more than a traditional mouthpiece in the upper lip area. Moreover, because the biting surface is so "secure" you would have the option of trimming a lot of material away from under the upper lip which also may help. I would mold it first with the mask on and as you are molding it push the mask back against the lip - this may help. If you think more relief is needed, you could begin to slowly trim the material away under the upper lip. Remolding it will smooth that area out. Hope this helps!

Well, too late--I already ordered one! Guess I was thinking along those lines, that it wouldn't push things out more, so it might help (hasn't been a huge problem anyways). Worst comes to worst, I'll start whacking away under the upper lip--but I bet that's gotta hurt...:eyebrow: Thanks! // ww

Would like to get a hold of the distributers of sea cure, dose any one know where they are made.

!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom