SMB to fit in Dive rite quick draw sleeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a dive rite quick draw sleeve. That's where I want to put my smb, not with surgical tubing but, thanks for the suggestion.:wink:

I wanted to use the DAN smb but it wouldn't fit in the DR sleeve. Huge. I don't feel like building my own larger sleeve as has been suggested in other threads. SO, Does anyone know if the scuba toys smb pictured here and called "large self sealing" http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SelfSealingSafetyTube will fit in the diverite sleeve? It (the ST version) is a tiny bit bigger according to the ST and DR web pages. One foot longer and a little wider actually.

I would buy the diverite smb but according to this thread...http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=165752..it's not exactly what I am looking for.

Also, anyone using the cheaper version of the ST smb at 39.99 instead of the self sealing one at 89? Is it worth the extra 40 bucks for the self sealing version?

Thanks. :D Some very specific questions here.

Just noticed that compudude posted the same question some time last year and those responses answered my questions for the most part....but still wondering if the 89 dollar version is better than the 39 dollar version...?

Not sure of either of those, but D.A.N. will be holding a safety sale through the month of June on their SMB package, for $60.00, if you are a member. They have the duck bill check valve and over pressure valve. They also come with a storm whistle, light stick, and a signal mirror.

I ahve the OMS Thick Sausage style one with the dump valve and the semi closed opening... I love it and it fits great...

Cheekymonkey:
...and it fits great...

In the Dive Rite quick sleeve?

Where did you get it from? Thanks.

I had the DAN one and it was HUGE. I liked it very much, super high quality, but the darn thing is MASSIVE! I don't want to carry a log around while I dive.:wink:

I just bought the sleeve and bag that comes with it. I also have the DAN smb kit. I got mine when they first came out for 47 bucks. Can't believe how much they went up. I just carry the bag when doing local lake stuff and the smb in my pocket or clipped to the butt dring of the harness with my reel. It's out of the way, protected by the tank as far as drag and snagging goes, yet easy to get to.

scubadobadoo:
Also, anyone using the cheaper version of the ST smb at 39.99 instead of the self sealing one at 89? Is it worth the extra 40 bucks for the self sealing version?

I've got the "cheaper version" of the Scuba Toys sausage at $39 bucks. I haven't used it yet, but it's got a diaphram in it to keep air in if that's what you mean by self-sealing. Someone else I know bought one also and said it held air.

As for the safety sleeve, I've been meaning to take it to my LDS to see if it will fit in the Dive Rite sleeve, but I'm afraid it will not.

I tried to fit the XS SCuba 50lb lift bag in it at the LDS last weekend and it won't fit, so I'm doubtfull the ST SMB will fit.

I carry(ied) a 35# Carter in mine. No problems

Me too. It is harder to put into the sleeve than to take it out. I don't know your diving conditions, but there's something to be said for tall and sturdy. However it would be nice if it didn't take so much air to fill it. Never mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom