Smart Watch for SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyshebait

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm looking for a replacement for my old dive computer. It occurred to me that with so many fitness bands and smart watches out there, surely there are some that are designed to handle SCUBA diving, ideally with apps that turn it into a dive computer. I like having an everyday watch that can serve double duty...my old computer was a Sherwood that also looked good as a regular watch.

I've tried Google with limited success, but thought I'd also throw the question out here. Any suggestions or thoughts? What would be the best value, reliable workout breaking the bank? Or should I just stick to a standard computer and keep the smart watch separate?

Appreciate any information or advice. Thanks!

Im sure there are soem out there. You need to be able to read the computer when ding scuba. that means a back light and buttons teat yo ucan use with gloves. Those qualities I do not find in a watch that you can use for scuba. Personally I dont see using a phone for a stop watch has any advantages over a real stop watch.

Garmin Descent is the only one out there
Yes, I was looking at that one. Price is a bit out of my budget though...may have to just go with a basic dive computer for now. I'm not into anything too technical, just pretty straightforward recreational diving, almost always in less than 30m and usually in the 15-25m range.

Yes, I was looking at that one. Price is a bit out of my budget though...may have to just go with a basic dive computer for now. I'm not into anything too technical, just pretty straightforward recreational diving, almost always in less than 30m and usually in the 15-25m range.

that is the only full featured smart watch out there though. The atmos doesn't have all of the sensors in it if you use it for working out and I am not sure how much phone integration it really has or how well it works for that.

The Garmin is a great watch. It tells me I'm being too lazy and displays my texts and runs the same algorithms as the Shearwater and other top name dive computers. It's large size also makes me look more masculine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom