Smart Com leaking at disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a uwatec smart com that seems to be leaking at the quick disconnect. My local shop can't seem to locate the tool to use to replace the oring. I'm sure this is something I can do if I had the right tool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mitchell:
I have a uwatec smart com that seems to be leaking at the quick disconnect. My local shop can't seem to locate the tool to use to replace the oring. I'm sure this is something I can do if I had the right tool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We just went thru this. There is a special tool. It is used to unscrew the connector as well as to push the oring into place.
My LDS (Coral Reef Scuba in Tallahassee) borrowed one from another shop.

You could talk to Richard Mann (850)385-1323 or e-mail them at diving@coralreefscuba.com.

Also - upgrade the o-rings, He can give you the details.

Thanks, I called the shop. They were very helpfull. They didn't know the part tool number but they new who made it. I did call scubapro and they of course were not. They said just bring it to my local dealer. I said that I did and they don't have the tool. They were very short with me. I then found the tool and tool maker and called him. The tool will arrive next week. Being this is my second time with this problem, I think I should have the tool on hand. The first time I lucked out. There was a recall with this computer. I sent everthing back and received a new hose and computer.

Thanks again for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom