Small Hope lodge - Andros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

Ok, now that I've calmed myself after writing my previous post :D I'd like to ask afew q's regarding Bahamas. My boyfriend and I are exploring options for a holiday in April - I am a diver, he is non-diver, but interested in snorkelling. We are both typically the "backpacking" sort, but have only 1 week, and are looking for something a bit more comfortable and relaxing this time around. Having said that, we would like to visit a more "off the beaten path" part of the Bahamas.

- We are looking at Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros. They have incredible reviews on TripAdvisor, and this seems like a undeveloped area. Does anyone know of any other places similar to this (can be on any of the islands, as we are open to anywhere)??? Ideally something that offers diving and topside activities. Coral Caverns website has been down for 2 days, so unfortunately I can't check it out.

- I am not a fan of "cattle boat" ops. Any experiences in regards to this - SHBL or other? I'm just looking for peoples experiences in general with Andros or similar places.

- Are the dives sites off Andros/SHBL crowded?

- One review stated that boats are left at dive sites unattended. This concerns me, as it is not a good safety practice.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!!

I'm sure by now you know it's mahi mahi or dorado
Would you have any interest in the July 16-25 Lost Island Voyages trip I just posted.
It certainly is not a cattleboat and the summer is warmer and calmer

Please bear with us . We are experiencing major web site problems. I have been on the phone with ipowerweb for 2 days now. DON'T EVER use this service. You will not see another dive boat anywhere near our sites. We are the only dive operation in the area. We NEVER leave boats unattented while divers are in the water. We are as laid back as it gets. Please do not judge us by our cyber issues. We are also on nealwatson.com.
Lucia Coral Caverns Dive Resort

Check out Long Island in the Bahamas- the island sounds perfect for you guys. Lots of great blue holes to snorkel, and some awesome caves and cliffs to hike around in. People are friendly- and it's a beautiful place to go exploring. Lodging options are limited- but there are a few.

Any recommendations for places to stay on long island? Somewhere where diving is accessible, but also easy to get to caves, etc??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom