Small group diving in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I’m booked to go to Sharm next May, which I’m very excited about as I’ve not been there since 2009. I’ve done Hurghada twice since then, but it’s time to give Sharm another go! I’m PADI AOW, but not very experienced and have issues with equalizing. I am therefore keen to have a small group and more personalised dive experience. Can anyone please recommend any dive centres or dive guides that would be able to accommodate this please?

Hi!

I've had good service in the past from Sinai Dive Club, the on-site dive centre at Hilton Sharks Bay.

It's well-established, but small and very flexible. We haven't dived with them for several years, though, as we tend to prefer liveaboards. The manager, I believe his name is Moustafa, typically goes the extra mile for you, if necessary. For example, he once fixed a leaky second stage for a family member, at no charge. He is very patient and has a calm demeanour.

They have a steady clientele and, in some cases, divers leave their gear there all year round and they store it for them in between holidays.

But, as I said earlier, we've not used them for a while.

Hope this is of some use. Enjoy your trip!

Recently back from a short break to Sharm. We are a group of relatively inexperienced divers and did our Nitrox in Sharm
Booked with Elite Diving, and I would definitely recommend them. Pre arrival communication and planning was top notch and this was matched by the service for our dives.

Divers were grouped appropriately and we ended up a great guide. Our diving definitely improved over the three days we spent with Elite

They have their own boat with a great crew so we got out to some wonderful dive sites. Our guide would always check the currents before we got. In the water which we found very reassuring form a safety point of view

Have a look at their website, and DM me if you want more info

Sharks Bay is a good area in Sharm. Its also close to the airport. We have stayed at the Grand Rotana a couple of times. You can walk down the hill and dive there right off of the shore. If you stay in the Naama Bay area, you might have to take transportation to shore dive.

Scorpion Divers was the Grand Rotana diveshop. We would use them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom