small doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voidware

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I really don't like long, big single tanks. They always go too far down my legs and stick out too far back. So, I have been thinking about manifolding a set up smaller tanks, maybe 45s or 66s. does anyone have any experience with this? will i be saving enough space to be worth anything? I'd really like the benefits of twin first stages on smaller cylinders.

brandon

waste of money if you ask me... I guess the added benefit of balance is cool... but to dish out the bucks for a setup that's pretty much worthless just seems like a waste to me.

Maybee you should consider a High Pressure Steel Tank... or if money is no object then go for it man...

Good Luck :D

Twin 45's are fairly long and would require custom made bands. Twin 66's are only 21 inches long, use standard bands, but weigh 50 pounds plus hardware. The tanks are $300+ apiece.I suggest an inexpensive set of twin 50 aluminum. These accept standard bands and manifolds. They are 19 inches long and weigh 42 pounds plus hardware. Total pos buoyancy is 2 pounds less hardware.

The combined drag of double tanks will slow you down a bit but fit and balance accorded by these low profile tanks should be noticably improved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom