Small 4cell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of a small 4 C cell light that has a rubber twist on head? This is strictly for peaking in crevices not as a backup, so if it dies in the middle of a dive it's no biggy. I don't want a Scout because they are not bright enough. And I like the Ikelite PCLite but it has a switch on/off instead of the rotating head.

rstark once bubbled...
Anyone know of a small 4 C cell light that has a rubber twist on head? This is strictly for peaking in crevices not as a backup, so if it dies in the middle of a dive it's no biggy. I don't want a Scout because they are not bright enough. And I like the Ikelite PCLite but it has a switch on/off instead of the rotating head.

Whats wrong with having a switch.You already stated that its not a backup light.Back up lights are built to be durable and simple and work when you need it which is why they arent very bright cause the bulb isnt overdriven.Its gonna be hard to find a light with 4 cells and no switch.I would say dont worry about a twist on light and just get one you like even if it has a switch.

I just prefer the feel of the twith on rather than the little switch. i do have an old Ike PC lite but was thinking of getting one that had a twist on head.

Everything I've run accross has a switch. No biggy, but I'll keep looking.

you know this is going to drive me nuts now looking for a 4 c cell light that has a twist on/off. Hmmm... I cant think of one right now, I have two of the UK sl-4's and I love them. They have a switch, but its never failed on me, or caused me any concern. I think you might have some trouble finding one.

The Pelican super saber only has three c-cells but, it is fairly bright as the bulb is meant to be used in a 3 c-cell light rather than the derated SL-4 litehead used in the scout. It turns on with a twist of the lighthead. About $21 mail order from various Pelican dealers. I don't think there is a twist-on 4 c-cell light on the market.

Regarding the UK SL4, Does the switch ever turn on by accident? The Ike PCLite has a safety lock on the switch.

Yes, it has turned on by accident, but mostly in my gear bag

This happend to me also in my gear bag because I didn't have the lock on for the switch. It discolored the reflector because it got so hot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom