Slate mine Felicitas Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This time we visited another old slate mine in Germany. Grube Felicitas. This mine is completely different from the Christine. The depth is around 32m.
The mainentrance is an 130m long tunnel that goes down from surface to 32m. Then you get a T.
If you go to the right side, you see smaller tunnels, the explosive room, the canteen, it is the part that is made by hand.
If you go to the left side you see the old machinery, this part is made by machines. So you can do 2 different dives in 1 mine.
The mine is big, too big to see everything in 1 day. But even if you dive OC, you can do nice dives of 65-75 minutes with some deco on oxygen.
The tunnel from entrance to 32m has most times almost zero viz. But then it clears up.
f1.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

There also is a dry part. That has another entrance, or better say, several entrances like holes in the ground, a real door, another hole, etc.
We also looked in some of these tunnels. In 1 there is water, but not interesting.
f16.jpg

Awesome pics once more. Thank you for sharing.

Incredible. Thank you for the pictures.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom