sl961 switch issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rayaa3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
question for the guys at sealife.

My DC1000 maxx is great. However, one of my strobes isn't able to power on. I'm quite certain it's more than 2 years old (out of warranty). However, it's a simple problem, and I'm hoping I can just buy a replacement part:

At some point some salt water must have been trapped under the plastic power/test switch, the small magnet is rusted out, and won't activate the power or test function. I tested it by removing the strobe from the case, and switching it with my other strobe head case. Indeed, in the other strobe head case would power on this unit (magnet is fine in that strobe head).

I'm looking to buy a replacement magnet for the switch, should be easy enough to pry out the rusted magnet and put in the replacement right?

Can you guys email or PM me so that I can look at buying a replacement magnet, or recommend something from a local hardware store that would work maybe?

will attach/upload pic of current magnet.

Attachments

• topside 132.JPG
    topside 132.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 104
All you need to do is to contact our service dept. and they can get you a replacement magnet. They can be reached @ 856 866-9191.

Back
Top Bottom