Skin with fleece like lining

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Pinnacle skin with a fleece like lining. It was inexpensive and the lining provided a little extra warmth underwater, but a lot more warmth topside and blocked the windchill.

They don't sell this anymore.

Anything out there like this ?

I have a 5mm SEAC WarmFlex and of the few SEAC products I like this is one of them. Very nice wetsuit and it has the fleecy, furry, hairy type lining on the inside and it is very warm.

I have a Pinnacle skin with a fleece like lining. It was inexpensive and the lining provided a little extra warmth underwater, but a lot more warmth topside and blocked the windchill.

They don't sell this anymore.

Anything out there like this ?

Like the old Polartec tropical dive suits? I used one for years until I started needed neoprene.

Wetwear can make you a custom one. I don't know of any off-the-rack equivalents.

Lavacore makes at least one: http://www.leisurepro.com/p-lvcm/lavacore-by-oceanic-mens-full-suit
OUTER Lycia layer is a 6.35 oz./10.8 sq. feet (180g/sq. m) knitted nylon wrap knit Tricot with water repellant treatment to ensure fast water runoff and anti wind chill properties.

INTER layer is an impermeable breathable Micro-porous high stretch Polyurethane (PU) film which is wind proof and breathable allowing perspiration to be drawn away in hot conditions.

INNER Fleece layer is a 8.47 oz./10.8 sq. feet (180g/sq. m) 4 way stretch polyester fleece with elastane. It has anti-pill treatment, as well as anti-microbial treatment to reduce odors and eliminate bacteria.

Problem with Lavacore, Sharkskin or any of the other latest neutral buoyancy suits is price.

I paid around $50-$75 for the Pinnacle skin with fleece liner. Kind of apples and oranges. The main benefit of the fleece liner vs. plain skin is on the boat. It blocks wind, dries fast and feels warm.

I am researching for my wife. She has a plain skin. We dive warm water. Her hooded vest keeps her plenty warm under water, but she is jealous of my Pinnacle skin.

I have a Henderson "Maxx" polartec type wet suit that I really like. It is a thin neoprene with a fussy lining. It says on the sleeve " Equals 2.5 mm". Henderson doesn't make this any more.

I would like to get a similar wetsuit for my wife. Is the EVO mentioned in the previous post similar? Any other suggestions for warm water Polartec type wet suit that won't break the bank?

Thanks

Older thread but...Scubapro makes one. I got mine for like $55. They also have their primo Pyroflex for a lot more money.
If you let the Sharkskin sit in your cart on Leisurepro the price comes down to $93. Not too shabby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom