Size difference between Eclipse 30lb and 40lb wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, I'm currently looking into getting an Infinity with 40lb wing. The shop where I work doesn't keep a ton of Halcyon in stock so I haven't seen the 40lb wing up close. Just curious how it compares in size to the 30lb Eclipse that we do have in stock.

Want me to measure my 40, inflated, for you?

17" / 43.1 cm side to side

4" / 10.1 cm thick

24" / 60.9 cm tall

Last edited:
Thanks Marie, I appreciate that. I'll compare that to the 30 tomorrow. :)

Thanks Marie, I appreciate that. I'll compare that to the 30 tomorrow. :)

If this helps, at all...I had been diving a 27 lb (non Halcyon, obviously) wing until I won my Halcyon at an event. I inflated both and put them back to back. There wasn't a *huge* difference in size, and frankly, I don't really notice it in the water.

If this helps, at all...I had been diving a 27 lb (non Halcyon, obviously) wing until I won my Halcyon at an event. I inflated both and put them back to back. There wasn't a *huge* difference in size, and frankly, I don't really notice it in the water.

Yeah, that does give me an idea. The reason I asked is that the 35lb wing on my Zeagle Stiletto (soon to be reserved for pool and travel duty) is a fair amount more low profile than the 44lb wing on the Zeagle Ranger, for a similar shaped wing.

Why do you need that much flotation in a single tank wing?

Why do you need that much flotation in a single tank wing?

Most of the year, I don't, but if I'm wearing multiple layers of drysuit underwear like I was yesterday, my current rig (Zeagle stiletto) can't float with all my weight integrated and a full tank (despite supposedly having 35lbs of lift) if I take it off. That being said, I'm not sure how positively buoyant that bc is by itself. If I can get away with a 30lb wing that'll float my rig with all my weight attached to it, I'd prefer that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom