Sites and Operators/Central Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey hey,
I'm living in Aichi pref. and am interested in taking some dives nearby (when it warms up a bit). Can anyone recommend the who and where, please? I'm far from fluent in Japanese, but can get by. It'd be nice if anyone knows some Gaijin-friendly operators in the area, but I'll settle for recommended ones too. Thanks.

Hi
Welcome to the board. In the Tokyo/Yokohama area, most folks dive on the Izu peninsula. I'm not sure if that's practical from Aichi. If you ever make to this area, I'd be happy to take to one or two of my favorite sites.

Jim

RikRaeder:
I'm living in Aichi pref. and am interested in taking some dives nearby (when it warms up a bit). Can anyone recommend the who and where, please? I'm far from fluent in Japanese, but can get by. It'd be nice if anyone knows some Gaijin-friendly operators in the area, but I'll settle for recommended ones too.

Where in Aichi?

Most people from the Nagoya area dive on the west side of Izu, you can find many taking the bullet train to Mishima with shop pickup and drive down to Osezaki, etc.

Also, many make the drive, judging from the abundance of license plates in the parking lot.

See my previous post:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=727235#post727235

Of course, you are always welcome to join us on one of our dive tours!

Cheers,

Thanks, everyone for you gracious offers and invitations. I'm actually in Nagoya, so Izu is a bit of a run for me. I'm still checking out the local scene, but guided dives are a bit costly so I'm sure I'll be getting back to you. I'm trying to rack up some experience before I get my gear, but once I'm outfitted (and a bit less wet behind the ears) I'll be looking you up again. For now, Yahoo Japan is offering just too good deals to Saipan, so I think I'll head down a few times and get another 10-15 dives in without shivering. Back soon (but not too soon I hope). Thanks again

RikRaeder, where did you get certified?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom