Sitech Orust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taimen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It might order a new drysuit soon...

Any first hand experiences with the (relatively new) Sitech Orust neck system?
Is it as good and reliable as the previous Quickneck but with more flexibility?

Others here have reported that the clips were too fussy and popped out.

The Quickneck is pretty flexible. I had that on my previous suit (current Fusion has the older, less flexible version, Necktite).

The repair shop at DRIS talked me out of the Orust and into the quick neck. Seems flexible enough for me.

Current suit is quickneck, flexible enough. Old suit had the more rigid version (forgot the name), that could be a little annoying at times usually on the surface. The Orust needs the clips because it is so floppy. I think they went too far.

We have 2 drysuits in our house, one has the necktight and the other has the quickneck systems....we are very happy with both.

Personally I have not had any issue with the necktight system on my suit, and have read about folks being dissatisfied with the orust system being so flexible that the system does not retain the neck seal in place very well.

The quickneck system seems to be a good compromise in seal retention and overall flexibility for comfort.

If I had a choice to make I would not hesitate to choose the quickneck sytem.

-Z

I have the Quickneck and I am satisfied with it. I wouldn't mind some more flexibility, although quickneck is much better than the necktite.
I guess the verdict is there are some reported problems with Orust and none with Quickneck.

I cannot imagine trying to herd those clips while changing seals on a rocking boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom