Site Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Jokingly I posted a complaint about the photo gallery being down. A reply to the post hinted of displeasure towards ScubaBoard. It got me thinking.

If it wasn't for ScubaBoard, I wouldn't have met the people I now dive with, on a fairly regular basis. I have made a couple rather good friends on here, and many great acquaintances. I have been able to learn things that otherwise I would likely not have hd access to. As well as being able to kill countless hours that might otherwise be put to good use.

I think we all tend to take it for granted. We go to our computers, and here it is. Instantly and easily, we are connected to our hobby and our friends. Somehow it all exists, and rarely do we think about what it takes to make it all possible. On top of just existing, it, for the most part, runs very smoothly. There are no spam interuptions. There are no real trouble makers. Most aggrivations are lighthearted, the few that are not, are dealt with quickly.

Sure there are times that it doesn't work. But, then it does again. It doesn't fix itself. Someone is out there keeping it running, helping it grow. Just in the time I have been using it, I have noticed an increased amount of forums. I have watched new people join and post. We have seen the times that our usage has stressed the system to it's breaking point. So, we go off, do something other than this, and come back, and we're back to reading and typing.

So, here I am, supporting this site. Thank you ScubaBoard and thank you to the people who keep it working (mostly) :D

I know this is going to sound like I'm patting myself on the back when I say this, but I agree. It's why I stay on as a Moderator. I think of all the amazing people that this board has allowed me to interact with along with a number of whom have become close friends and I feel in debt to Pete and the others who really make this board function.

This board is a great resource, but what makes it so cool, are the members (yes including mods) that come here and interact. It's a neat community.

photohikedive:
Jokingly I posted a complaint about the photo gallery being down. A reply to the post hinted of displeasure towards ScubaBoard. It got me thinking.

If it wasn't for ScubaBoard, I wouldn't have met the people I now dive with, on a fairly regular basis. I have made a couple rather good friends on here, and many great acquaintances. I have been able to learn things that otherwise I would likely not have hd access to. As well as being able to kill countless hours that might otherwise be put to good use.

I think we all tend to take it for granted. We go to our computers, and here it is. Instantly and easily, we are connected to our hobby and our friends. Somehow it all exists, and rarely do we think about what it takes to make it all possible. On top of just existing, it, for the most part, runs very smoothly. There are no spam interuptions. There are no real trouble makers. Most aggrivations are lighthearted, the few that are not, are dealt with quickly.

Sure there are times that it doesn't work. But, then it does again. It doesn't fix itself. Someone is out there keeping it running, helping it grow. Just in the time I have been using it, I have noticed an increased amount of forums. I have watched new people join and post. We have seen the times that our usage has stressed the system to it's breaking point. So, we go off, do something other than this, and come back, and we're back to reading and typing.

So, here I am, supporting this site. Thank you ScubaBoard and thank you to the people who keep it working (mostly) :D

I saw this post and started laughing (At midnight) because even this thread got MOVED!!!!

photohikedive:
is it too late to retract my positive comments? :shakehead
The Site Support forum is also used as a library, so, even though we appreciate this thread, it will still get moved to the relevant forum.

OE2X:
I know this is going to sound like I'm patting myself on the back when I say this, but I agree. It's why I stay on as a Moderator. I think of all the amazing people that this board has allowed me to interact with along with a number of whom have become close friends and I feel in debt to Pete and the others who really make this board function.

This board is a great resource, but what makes it so cool, are the members (yes including mods) that come here and interact. It's a neat community.
Ditto.

Have to agree....can you imagine the work and effort behind the scenes? And I'm not talking about moderating. A site this big can't maintain itself and is needs people and funds to do so ....So thank you to Pete and to the avertising and site support teams for doing such a great job at making Scubaboard available to us all. Thank you for all the time you invest in keeping SB running...don't really mind the down time at all :D

THANKS PETE....know it has to be rough sometimes. You gripe less than anybody I "know". We all appreciate your effort and you blow your horn so little, well, it is easy to take you for granted.

We were just talking about this today..... Thanks for all you do.

I really like the way you always seem to "see the big picture", BTW.

These past 4 months have had MORE than their share of frustrations, but we are ironing them out! :D

Back
Top Bottom