Site infection???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I started having some sort of malware problem this morning. I assumed it was on my computer and started to try to solve the problem, but it turns out the problem only exists when I am on ScubaBoard.

When I click on a link, such as on a notification in the Alerts menu, I am directed to a SPAM site of some kind. If I return to ScubaBoard, then I am on the site to which I linked, but in the meantime I had to read an advertisement on another site.

I haven’t seen it today butthelasttime this happened I think turning off java script helped.

Not an issue here. While far from conclusive, it may indicate that the issue is on your computer, not on the site.

....and it has mysteriously stopped, without my doing a blessed thing.

As long as I have someone's attention...

I just got a notice to participate in a ScubaBoard online survey of some kind. I have never seen such a thing here before. I am very leery of those things. Is this legit?

It asked a bunch of questions, offering a reward for answering. I skipped out of it before the reward part, which is where I suppose the scam worked. It asked questions about ScubaBoard participation, etc.

Back
Top Bottom