Sipilay Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaztheman45

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone been diving around Sipilay on Negros? Currently in Damuguete and trying to decide whether it's worth heading up there for a few days to dive. Any info on places to stay would be great as well.

Hello chaztheman45,
Yes it is certainly worth to go there. We were in Sipalay last year and stayed with Easy Diving they are very helpful and professional. There are more than 40 dive sites most within 15min with a banka and you will find a great variety with lots of corals and fish, rock formations, canyons, sandy patches, walls and wrecks, shallow dive sites as well as deep dive sites and the visibility is normally good.
The resort has very fine facilities, restaurant/bar, dive shop, accommodations with sea view etc. and all is located at the beach.

It may be the easiest to contact Easy Diving and let them arrange the transportation, the contact details are:

Easy Diving and Beach Resort
Punta Ballo
PH-6113 Sipalay City
Philippines
E-Mail; diving@sipalay.com
Tel.; 0063 918 979 2804

We have planned to go back there later this year, especially my GF loves the place, as she said first time she was at the house reef: it looks like an aquarium.
You should give it a go I don’t think you will regret.

Have a nice trip and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at Negros.

It's been a few years since I've been there, the diving is nice, and sugar beach is a nice quiet place, great beach, if your looking for that. I dove and stayed with Takatuka, great place, if your an art freak don't miss it. For me the diving was not as spectacular as Apo/Dauin, or Bohol ( the other places I've done in the PI.) but it was nice and seemed to get better over the few times I was there. It can be quite a bus ride to get there , it can be an hour or two shorter ride via Kabankalan. Takatuka can be pretty full so check with them for openings,and there are other good places to stay on Sugar beach, and you could dive with them. Right now I'm craving a sundowner cocktail as I've had many nice ones there! The sunset there can be really wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom