Sipadan in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gusvs

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Me and my girlfriend are going to Borneo in October this year, and are hoping to do some diving at Sipadan. We will be in Borneo for about 12 days. My first question is: should we book the diving before we go there, or is it better to book on arrival at Kota Kinabalu (for better prices)?
My second question is: We are both rather novice divers (although Advanced certified), my girlfriend has done about 12 dives only. Is it still worth going to Sipadan or is it advanced diving for us in order to get the most out of it?

All advice, thoughts and tips appreciated!

/Gustaf
Sweden

Gusvs
Just GO. The diving is not that difficult in Sipadan - just that it is all wall diving so reasonable bouyancy would be helpful...
I think if you book from KK you will probably get a better price but you run the risk of it being all booked up. Don't forget it is only 80 people on the island at one time..
However if you miss out on Sipadan you can try to stay on Mabul or Kapalai which are near enough (about 30 mins by speedboat) OR there are other islands you can dive in Borneo - Lankayan, Layang Layang, Labuan.......:mean:

Seaslug,
Thanks a lot for the info, think we'd better book from home to be sure to get to Sipadan.

/Gustaf

We are diving in Sipadan in Sept. We booked quite some months ago to ensure reservation. You might be lucky, but, it tends to get booked up early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom