SIPADAN - Big Fish Theater like no other!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juergen_187

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This place doesn't need introduction, and yes, it's really like they say. The sheer scale of fish life is almost shocking. We were lucky to have 2 diving days - 8 dives - in a row there. Maybe except for the macro enthusiasts - this is an absolute must place to dive!

Note that Youtube still hasn't managed to fix that issue with the music delay on Android devices (seems to depend on the youtube memory cache), it's really annoying.

This place doesn't need introduction, and yes, it's really like they say. The sheer scale of fish life is almost shocking. We were lucky to have 2 diving days - 8 dives - in a row there. Maybe except for the macro enthusiasts - this is an absolute must place to dive!

Note that Youtube still hasn't managed to fix that issue with the music delay on Android devices (seems to depend on the youtube memory cache), it's really annoying.

Took me back 20 years!

Wow!

Gorgeous. Thank you.

Took me back 20 years!
In 98 we were allowed to stay on Sipadan. You could walk out to the drop off and see huge parrot fish swimming by. Amazing.

....20 years..a pioneer!

Not quite, I'm afraid. After the island invasion and a month prior to Sipidan closing to overnight stays.

In 98 we were allowed to stay on Sipadan. You could walk out to the drop off and see huge parrot fish swimming by. Amazing.

Yes! I was snorkeling out front of the big pier and it was near sunset. Suddenly, the humungous school of humphead parrot fish were coming towards me on their way to the drop off. They were on their way to bed. My gawd, they are some ugly scary looking creatures from head on.

I didn't know whether to be thrilled or terrified. Lots of squeals were coming out of my snorkel and a couple of fellows standing on the end of the pier above me had a very good laugh.

Sipidan is also where I saw my first hammerheads!

Yes! I was snorkeling out front of the big pier and it was near sunset. Suddenly, the humungous school of humphead parrot fish were coming towards me on their way to the drop off. They were on their way to bed. My gawd, they are some ugly scary looking creatures from head on.

I didn't know whether to be thrilled or terrified. Lots of squeals were coming out of my snorkel and a couple of fellows standing on the end of the pier above me had a very good laugh.

Yeah, they look bad! Usually I swim right through a school of fish, also when it's Barracudas, but not when I saw those scary beaks!

Back
Top Bottom