Single tank Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorgy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, any thoughts as to this hose routing? Seems to work well on land......:)

I use a 5 foot long hose and integrated octo/inflator.......

I route the SPG under my left arm and clip it to the chest d-ring......

Thx for any feedback.....M

M IMG_0149.jpgIMG_0150.jpgIMG_0151.jpg

The orientation of the first stage is causing a pretty dramatic angle in your long hose. Any reason you don't have the barrel vertical with the hoses coming off more naturally? On the integrated octo/inflator - try doing a dive sometime breathing off the octopus and ask yourself if that would be a good solution for you in the case of an emergency. There's some concern around miflex HP hoses - also, why not clip off the SPG to the hip d-ring? The corrugated inflator is a touch on the long side for my taste.

All in all I think you've made some questionable equipment choices, but there's nothing "wrong" with your routing (save that angle on the long hose).

Nice tank :)

Darling brides tank.....my cold water tanks are DIN LP95s....:)

Yeah I will probably go back to a more traditional orientation for the 1st stage......the primary long hose routing is a little tough.....

I like the Octo/inflator for my warm water rig, started with one, went to a regular second stage, went back as I find is a bit simpler.....

The HP hose is a Dive Rite hose......

As far as the chest d-ring for the SPG, I just look down to read it, no need to unclip and then re-clip it, seems to work well for me.....

thx....M

Consider a din rather than yoke connection...and I know some people don't like right angle adapters [failure points] but I use 'em w/o any problems and it gives you more routing options...You didn't mention what environments you dive in but if it's wreck/cave or deep I'd get rid of the octo/inflator.........

When I warm water dive its reef cruising and taking pics of fish - normally family is with me so pretty tame stuff.....

Cold water is DIN, hard to find DIN tanks when traveling in the Caribbean

M

BTW, I am going steal my darling brides SP MK25 first stage for this trip.......

She is not diving........

M

The orientation of the first stage is causing a pretty dramatic angle in your long hose. Any reason you don't have the barrel vertical with the hoses coming off more naturally? On the integrated octo/inflator - try doing a dive sometime breathing off the octopus and ask yourself if that would be a good solution for you in the case of an emergency. There's some concern around miflex HP hoses - also, why not clip off the SPG to the hip d-ring? The corrugated inflator is a touch on the long side for my taste.

All in all I think you've made some questionable equipment choices, but there's nothing "wrong" with your routing (save that angle on the long hose).

Nice tank :)

Ditto....not feeling that 1st stage position and the inflator is too long for my taste but if it works for you..

I dont get it.. why go sideways.. Put the 1st stage back down.. put the Hp hose in the other port(run under left arm).. separate the lp hoses so they are father out and dont have that bend.. Go under the right arm to streamline the hose to the 2nd stage... and have your inflator hose come straight off the 1st stage without a bed... This is how i run and love it.. Zero bends-- streamlined and i like having the 2nd stage under my arm--- i feel like i can protect my 2nd stage a bit more from kicks/kept/things that go bump in the night and knock your 2nd stage out..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom