Single tank adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I plan on buying a single tank adapter this week and I have noticed that there are two ways in which designs come, shown in the pictures as a Hollis and Apeks respectively. Most other brands have there own as well which tend to be either of these designs so brand really does not matter; only asking with relation to design.

From personal experience, which single tank adapter design tends to perform better? Or apart from appearance, are they virtually the same?

apeks_wtx_single_tank_adaptor_1.jpg

hollis-single-tank-adapter.jpg

oxycheq also sells a lighter travel sta for use with wings that require one in warm water where you don't need the ballast or luggage weight.

the top sta holds the tank a bit closer to you compared to the square ones.

Ya, not a lot of difference, I personally think the bottom type feel more solid.

What I don't like about either is the cam band slots & bolt holes are symmetrical, not allowing you a different setting height for the tank by inverting the STA...

YMMV

I have the X-Tek and would not want one that does not have extra slots, I would hit my first stage if I used the upper slot.

Back
Top Bottom