single- or dual-handle tray?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm about to buy ONE DS-125 for my 5050z in a PT-015 housing. I'm also going with ULCS arms and tray. I don't think I will be using two strobes in the near term (one strobe is expensive enough!) so I'm planning on sticking with a tray designed for a single handle. I heard though that going with a tray designed for dual handles might be easier to hold underwater (even if you only have one strobe). Do you feel the same? How about ULCS's pivot tray for the 5050z? I appreciate any insight on the matter.

Also, do you think the manual controller is the way to go instead of the TTL slave sensor (even if the latest revision has addressed problems before)? Thanks a lot. =

Regards,
Norman
Manila

I have a single handle tray and sometimes I wish that I have the second handle so I can switch hands easily. On a long dive, it is tiring sometimes, dragging a camera with a strobe. However, I imagine that sometimes the bulky double handle tray might not let you take some pictures in tight spot as easily. If I ever get new housing/setup, I think I would go with double handle though, regardless of whether it is one or two strobes system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom