Single in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well my wife/dive buddy has gone and got herself pregnant. :fruit:

So, I'm going to plan a trip down to Coz alone this summer and am looking for suggestions on where to stay as a single person?

1. I'd like to be close to town but I want a place with a doc for pickups and shore diving.
2. I'm not as picky as my wife might be about a room, but I do want clean and a real bed.
3. A decent (read one with a decent amount of people) bar onsite would be great.
4. I don't want to be raped for single occupancy.

Any suggestions?

James

James Goddard:

James

Like you had nothing to do with that!! LOL

Diverlady

James Goddard:

So, I'm going to plan a trip down to Coz alone this summer and am looking for suggestions on where to stay as a single person?

1. I'd like to be close to town but I want a place with a doc for pickups and shore diving.
2. I'm not as picky as my wife might be about a room, but I do want clean and a real bed.
3. A decent (read one with a decent amount of people) bar onsite would be great.

Any suggestions?

James

"4. I don't want to be raped for single occupancy." Right, you don't want everything, do you...? Now you know how us Singles feel. :54:

I stayed at Casa Del Mar in Januaury, and it was okay. I got a corner king, and it was quite roomy for this bachelor of 2+decades used to having plenty of room, so you'll love that part. After telling people to take their own 60 watt light bulbs to anyplace in Cozumel, though - I forgot! Pulled the lampshades off of the bulbs to get more light. The bed was tough, but that's true everywhere. You can buy a foam pad, or just fold up the blanket under the mattress pad. The food was good, and they have an all-incusive plan if you don't want to eat around. The Happy Hour was generous, though, so I wouldn't lock in to the all-inclusive. $4 cab ride to downtown.

I would suggest Del Mar Aqautics, but they were okay. Convenient, anyway. Or someone else can pick you up there.

Have fun, and spend like a Single - all the way! don

Apparently Hotel Pepita at 15 and 1st is a good deal at $30 US per night and is a decent place. I stayed at the Bahia for $57 and now I feel raped.

I have stayed at Pepita. It's ok ceiling fan, small fridge, no bar no pool no resturant, but it's only a few blocks off the square that has everything it doesn't have.
Check out the Caribe Blu (old Lorena) their rates are for one or two people in the room. http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/la-reina/inform.htm. It also has a pier for pick up. Close to town approx 15-20min walk or 3.00 or 4.00 cab ride. It was just redone and has a small restaurant serving breakfast and lunch.

I seem to recall that someone had a website that catered to single divers and negotiated room rates for you.

If I run across the link again I'll post it. I remember seeing it a few (6-8)months ago... maybe on the cozumelmycozumel.com website.

James Goddard:

Any suggestions?

James

Villas Las Anclas www.lasanclas.com
Hotel Vista del Mar www.hotelvistadelmar.com
Caribe Blu http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/la-reina/index.htm

All of these places have reasonable prices, "real beds", and are clean, safe and convenient!

Have fun!

Snowbear:
Is your wife not interested in tagging along as a non-diver? She can still snorkel and do the other non-diving things (other than the alcohol you are implying by asking about the bar scene, of course :wink:)

Not really. We've been down to Coz multiple times so we've sorta been-there-done-that. I don't think she wants to be a dive widow for a week.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom