single double quick change on the ranger.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK i know i can use the ranger for doubles and a single tank set up. but for really quick change over will it matter if i use a single tank adapter set up for a back plate. so i dont have anything more than undoing the bolts for my doubles and adding the single tank adapter from a BP/W like the dive rite #BC1090-SS. Singles Mounting Plate (SMP) it would be nothing more than undoing the bolts of the doubles and adding the plate for the single tank with the bolts in the same place for a single tank. instead of having to thread the straps back in to the ranger for a single tank use.

i think it would be a lot quicker on tank changes. 2 min verse 10 to 15 on the rethreading of the straps.

questions?

1 is there anything thats going to screw this idea up?
2 is this an option that has not been tried?
3 if R+D says it works. you planing on offering it in the future on an option?

That's how I do switches on my bc's. You are subject to a bit more rock with the singles up on an STA, but oh well. I usually leave the STA on the bottle. I have two of them and leave them on the tanks if I'm doing singles diving. Easier that way.
Rethreading cam bands isn't hard, but it's a pain so if I can avoid it I will.
Why are you doing rapid changes between the two?

ya but when are you diving singles and doubles in the same day?

I use my nomad for doubles and will dive singles with it if I have to. I have the cam bands from my sidemount tanks if I need them and keep a rigged STA in the dive box.
I have a separate transpac for dedicated single tank diving with cam bands in it, no STA as the wing won't allow use of one. It is much more stable than my nomad with the STA since the tank is closer. If you are doing a weekend of diving only singles or even a day, weaving the cam bands is the best solution. Not the most time efficient, but STA's are prone to tank rock especially on the soft backplates...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom