Singel tank adapter, Harness distance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Designing and laser cutting my own backplate. But wondering if there is a industry standard for distance between the two mounting holes thru backplate for twins/or adapter?

Designing and laser cutting my own backplate. But wondering if there is a industry standard for distance between the two harnesses mounting the adapter to the backplate?

Want it to be able to use with a adapter as well :)

The way you phrased what you are asking for is a little bit confusing but...

The industry standard accepted and followed by most manufacturers for plates and single tank adapters (STAs) is to drill11-inches on center....some manufactures/brands will make a slot for the lower bolt and drill 2 or 3 holes for the upper bolt so that wings and trim can can be adjusted vertically on the plate...but typically the top bolt hole to the top of said slot will be 11-inches on center as if the top of the slot was drilled as a bolt hole.

The grommets on the center panel of wings are typically placed 11-inches on center between corresponding grommets (for example where there are multiple grommets at the top and bottom: the top-most upper grommet and the top-most lower grommet will typically be 11-inches apart and the rest will follow suit).

The biggest issue is the slots in a wing for tanks straps compared to the slots in a plate or STA....there is no universally accepted standard for this. I prefer wings like Dive Rite, HOG, and DGX, that have long slots that can be readily used with nearly any backplate or STA setup.

-Z

Thanks! Edited my post! :)

Your post is much clearer now....everything I wrote that discusses spacing still applies. The industry standard for back plates, and therefor STAs, is 11-inches on center (center of hole to center of hole).

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom