SIN - MDC route?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know Silk Air no longer does this, and Scoot was going to take over. Is it just due to covid that 2021 flights show only Garuda as an option (that I could find)?

As far as I know there are no direct flights yet. Indeed Scoot is supposed to serve this route when it is allowed/possible again.

Scoot are currently selling flights (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat) from SIN to MDC from the 1st of August 2020.

Will they go ahead - who knows....

The listings for flights end on 1st November 2020, so maybe they only sell flights to MDC 3 months ahead of time.

I'm booked on Scoot for September.
The is great news. I hope that it will be posible to obtain a tourism visa soon as well. Will your government allow you to travel to Indonesia? Does you insurrance cover this trip? Will you have to be in quarantaine if you come back home? Sorry for all these questions. But for all of us very important updates.

Since I will be there (hopefully) for only three weeks, I don't need a visa. It would be necessary for a month or longer. No restrictions for going there for us. The only insurance I use is the DAN Guardian plan. It is possible that a quarantine may be required, but I doubt it by September 26th when I come home. I can quarantine from home since I do my archaeological consulting from there. Just hoping to get some great diving and photography in Manado and Lembeh.

Since I will be there (hopefully) for only three weeks, I don't need a visa. It would be necessary for a month or longer. No restrictions for going there for us. The only insurance I use is the DAN Guardian plan. It is possible that a quarantine may be required, but I doubt it by September 26th when I come home. I can quarantine from home since I do my archaeological consulting from there. Just hoping to get some great diving and photography in Manado and Lembeh.
He means the Visa on Arrival which is what you will need. We still don't know when those will be issued again, hopefully by September they will be.

Back
Top Bottom