Simply Diving - Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcross2002

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

Has anyone dived with this operation. Any recommendations?

I am trying to contact them to ask about a Divemaster internship but had no response yet.

Cheers Dave

I'm also interested in site/op recommendations between Barcelona and Faro, Portugal. Am planning to be there the last two weeks of July.

Hi Sladerer, we have some good dive spots here in the mediterranean coast of Spain. If you are going to be based on Barcelona, the nearest place you've got to dive is "Islas Medas" (Medas Islands), a protected group of unhabited small islands with a good amount of marine life and some nice walls and caves.

Other places I won't miss in the mediterranean side of the country are "Islas Columbretes" (Castellon), "Isla de Benidorm" (Alicante) or "Cabo de Palos" (Murcia).

If the plan holds up, we'll be flying into BCN in mid-July, staying there a few day, then heading south with a couple of 1 or 2 night stays along the coast, then finally heading to Faro for the last week of July. How far is the drive/boat to Islas Medas from Barcelona? Are we better off doing the
other site seeing in Barcelona and diving little Taberca or other sites between BCN and Faro?

The drive from bcn to diving center (Unisub?) should be about an hour, from there, boat navigation is pretty short as Medas Islands are near de coast.

If your plan is a north-south drive through the mediterranean coast, these are the dive spots I won't miss (northern first):
- Columbretes Islands. You can do this dive with Barracuda Dive center (Barracuda Buceo ::::) in Alcossebre. You must book this dive in advance as a special permision is needed to dive the marine reserve of Columbretes Islands. The most usual is Columbretes is a full day trip with several dives because navigation is quite long.
- Mediana Island. A very small island near Altea. You can do this dive with the guys from Celacanto dive center in Altea.
- Benidorm Island. I always do this dive from a dive center named Ali-Sub, in Villajoyosa. Several spots in the Island, best of them is the one named "La Llosa".
- Cabo de Palos. All dives in the Cabo de Palos reserve are fantastic, if you like wrecks, don't miss the one named "El Naranjito". You can find at least 8 dive centers in the marina of Cabo de Palos town.

I haven´t dived southern than Cabo de Palos, but I've heard good things about "La Azohia", "Mazarron", "Carboneras, "La Herradura"...

Tabarca Island is not worth a dive, I have dived there several times and has always resulted in a total disappointment.

If you're looking for a nice place to go scuba diving I can recommend the area near Lla Franc. There's a couple of divecenters and one is called Triton and is run by a very nice Spanish/Dutch couple and their children. Great area for diving, dining and exploring the country.

Back
Top Bottom