Similans Tech Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martini_effect

Registered
Reaction score
anyone know of any similan (thailand) liveaboards that me and some friends can use for tech diving (deep air)?

I cant find any that supply double tanks....i suppose we could drive our own up there if need be. we would definitely need a boat with nitrox, even if it is only up to 40%

any suggestions welcome

Your screen name and deep air go together.

Jason B:
Your screen name and deep air go together.
Yeah well I think you need a shovel to go too deep in the Similans

martini_effect:
I'm only talking about max 60m for deep air...and the Similans is good for that
Just checked my log and the deepst I got in the similans was 32m at 3 Tree Island all others were less than 30m and I don't recall seeing any deeper water. But I have only been there once so what do I know:D

you can get over 60m comfotably at elephant head rock and a lot of the other sites are an easy 45 plus. spent 4 months there earlier this year as a guide, shame i only had a few dives with no guests and got to visit the deeper sections. Queen Scuba run by coral grand is tech friendly with plenty of O2, the tech centres use her for tech courses. Scuba Cat as well is tech happy as they run the DSAT courses themselves. South Siam are happy to have you onboard but you need your own O2 supply for deco. Or get a speed boat out drom koh lak and do your own thing, not that expensive by western standards. The diving is very nice.
The trident btw is an excellent liveaboard for tech diving. Have done a few trips with them and jamie and stu's knowledge is 2nd to none. proper full tech boat with trimix panel the lot. Oh, and they are cheap as well :)

No no no not Protecdivers in Karon, very "Undesirable characters."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom