Similans Liveaboard - Manta Queen 1 and 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!
My husband and I are planning on a liveaboard dive trip out of Khao Lak (or Phuket) for this December. I've researched a lot of the boats and it seems that the Manta Queen II with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures best fits our budget and schedule. I've seen them mentioned a few times around the board but haven't read any reviews (on here) of anyone who has taken a trip with them. I was able to find one review on Trip Advisor and it wasn't glowing and mentioned they thought the boat had bed bugs. That being said, it was from a couple who booked through a travel agent and was irritated they paid more than booking directly so I want to take it with a grain of salt (but I happen to be kind of paranoid about bed bugs). Can anyone deny this rumor and maybe give a brief review of their experience on the Manta Queen I or II? Alternatively we are looking at the 5 day Similan liveaboard with Wicked Diving.

Thanks!
Ashley

Ashley - You can certainly guess that my post can be taken with another grain of salt, as I work for Wicked Diving :)

I certainly feel that Wicked Diving has good service and incredible value for the money (especially since we are very active in several projects to help the local community). In addition our safety standards are extremely high - I am a paramedic and dive medic. However, please check the independent reviews - and in all Lonely Planet books - regarding our service and standards.

Ashley,

I did a 4d/4n Similan trip on MQ1 in February and it was great. Very clean, great crew/staff, good food, awesome dives, all at a very good price. Hope this helps.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom