Similan - Surin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everybody!! :57:
I am very lucky to have a boss allowing me to take vacation in between two weeks of Business trip and a wife allowing me to go, alone in Thailand for diving. She’s also a diver and when I told her that I was organizing a short live aboard trip she was a “bit” jealous and envious but I had her OK. So I took only 4 days off as vacation and could enjoy a 9 days holiday..

Left Italy for HK on 17th April till 22nd for a couple of business meeting and on 22nd I finally flew for Phuket. Slept one night at the Hyton hotel in Patong beach and next day we board for the one week tour consisting in two days in the south part of Phuket and 4 to the Similan and Surin Islands.

As my last trip in December I went with Colona VI. Simple and nice boat (maximum 14 peoples), great UK dive master, really good food, the crew is very nice and helpful. This time they took very care of my photo gears and nothing happen.

Unfortunately it’s not the best time to have crystal clear water as there was a lot of plankton and beside macro it was difficult to get good pictures without black scatters. Also the water colour was not so nice. It was however the correct time to go to have better chance to see the Whale shark. Unfortunately did not see it but I have a 10 minutes dive swimming with a big Manta ray. This was absolutely awesome. I was so exited that I did not really care with the camera's setting and here is the best one.

Manta-Ray-11----Koh-Bon-26-.jpg

In 19 dives I shoot something like 800 pictures, I cancelled half of them, played with photoshop with about 200 and about 40 are nice enough (for me) to be put in my photo gallery
Took me a while to process and play with them with PS CS2. By the way really great what you can do now when processing the RAW.

From those, here below are the one I really like the most.
Granchietto---Phi-Phi-24-04.jpg

Green-Turtle-4---Similan-25.jpg

Devil-Scorpionfish-2---Phi-.jpg

Giant-Gorgonian-Fan-Coral--.jpg

Clown-fish---Phi-Phi-24-04-.jpg

Harlequin-Shrimp-1---Richel.jpg

Sorry could not resist to take this one. It should be :censored: but…
The-Rock-dream---Similan-25.jpg

Now I hope to get some good bargain for the August vacation but this time together with my wife.

Enjoy

Very nice shots. I'm glad you got to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom