Similan Liveaboard MV Camic vs MV Blue Dolphin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KaliJ

New
Reaction score
Hi hello,

Looking to do my first ever liveaboard this February!
Hoping to get some firsthand insight regarding the Camic and Blue Dolphin?
Have left booking a little late and these seem to be the most suitable options available for my budget.

The Blue Dolphin appears to be quite new and so not much feedback out there yet.

Also should I be concerned that both boats only require OW certifiction? ie will this restrict diving for an AOW?

Cheers!

OW certification does not mean the diver is NOT experienced. Equally speaking AOW does not mean the diver is an advanced diver.
Some operators do set depth limit for ow diver!
Some operators will insist on check out dive to asses individual ability and then group them accordingly.

With a boat that allows OW divers (most unfortunately) means there will be newbs with no bouyency control who got certified the week before in Phuket on the trip. Sad but true...it's all about the Benjamins!

Hi hello,

Looking to do my first ever liveaboard this February!
Hoping to get some firsthand insight regarding the Camic and Blue Dolphin?
Have left booking a little late and these seem to be the most suitable options available for my budget.

The Blue Dolphin appears to be quite new and so not much feedback out there yet.

Also should I be concerned that both boats only require OW certifiction? ie will this restrict diving for an AOW?

Cheers!
I dived on the second voyage of Blue Dolphin and it is a great boat with probably two of the best dive leaders in the similians, Boots has been leading liveaboards for over 12 years and Takashi his japanese business partner has been leading liveaboards in the Sicilians for over 25 years and has a great reputation in Japan and loads of returning guests.
They have put together a really good crew, have a great dive deck, good food and when I was on the boat the standard of the divers was high and atmosphere great. I would thoroughly recommend them and am convinced it is one of the best if not best boat operating in the similians at the moment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom