SIM card manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone been to Manado recently and can confirm if SIM cards can be purchased at the airport (MDC)?

I will be going directly to Likupang so may be able to stop along the way as well.

thanks

We went in August and was going to get a SIM at the airport, but the ATM swallowed my husbands cc (pro tip: if your bank restricts usage of your cc in certain countries, it’s a very good idea to call the bank and let them know you’re going to Indonesia- and if you forget: do remember to get your phone off flight mode, Before you try to use your credit card).

But the answer to your question is: yes, there were shops selling SIM cards at the airport in August 2019.

We got ours from a mall and it was not activated correctly, so only worked for a day, so make sure they help you activate.

Has anyone been to Manado recently and can confirm if SIM cards can be purchased at the airport (MDC)?

I will be going directly to Likupang so may be able to stop along the way as well.

thanks

yes no problem, every year we buy simcards at the manado airport… simpati by telkomsel… buy it at the airport because they have pre-registered SIM… on the road to likupang you can't find it… ;-)

yes no problem, every year we buy simcards at the manado airport… simpati by telkomsel… buy it at the airport because they have pre-registered SIM… on the road to likupang you can't find it… ;-)
Great.just want I needed to know.
I’ve read that’s it’s far cheaper to buy outside the airport.
Will I be able to get a 30 day sim there. Will need almost all data. Not much for calling.

Great.just want I needed to know.
I’ve read that’s it’s far cheaper to buy outside the airport.
Will I be able to get a 30 day sim there. Will need almost all data. Not much for calling.

yes it's right… outside is cheaper but i doubt there are pre-registered SIM ready to go(maybe i'm wrong)... there is also another problem if you don't speak bahasa indonesia… :-D i buy one 2 years ago in a big mall close to the airport… it was a nightmare speak with the guys at the shop… i prefer 10euro more at the airport.. they are there for turists…. be carefull with data package… sometimes they are LOCAL data… if you go in another area(bali, komodo) you need to add credit for surfing the web… that's my experience… ;-)

Just want to add that if you come to Manado through Singapore, the Singtel SIM gives you 4GB of data while roaming in Indonesia. Was great. Didn't have to get an Indonesian sim card and 4gb is generally enough since most times you also have resort wifi.

yes it's right… outside is cheaper but i doubt there are pre-registered SIM ready to go(maybe i'm wrong)... there is also another problem if you don't speak bahasa indonesia… :-D i buy one 2 years ago in a big mall close to the airport… it was a nightmare speak with the guys at the shop… i prefer 10euro more at the airport.. they are there for turists…. be carefull with data package… sometimes they are LOCAL data… if you go in another area(bali, komodo) you need to add credit for surfing the web… that's my experience… ;-)

yes good advice. Local data vs internet for all regions in Indo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom