Silfra question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I will be in Iceland in July and I will definitely be doing the Silfra dive, and she the snorkeling since she doesn't dive. Another thing we wanted to do was the lava tube(s). Where at first I saw a combination lava tube tour with a 1-tank dive at Silfra, I then saw for a little cheaper through a dive operation I could do a 2-tank dive at Silfra, then maybe a lava tube another time. In the interest of saving money, since costs are REALLY adding up, would those who have dived Silfra recommend two tanks or is one enough?

Thanks.

While it truly is an amazing dive, if you are pushed for time/finances i would say just do it once. Its quite a short dive and the second dive will be the exact same. If you are able to you could record it? Personally my first time there i did two dives and was glad i did as the first was quite overwhelming by the time i got in the second time i could relax and really enjoy it.

Unfortunately i havent had a chance to see the lava tubes so cant help there.

Sure you will enjoy the trip!

Thanks, but I posted this a long time ago now and I'm doing the two dives as a their own thing. No recording equipment, though. I'm sure it will be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom