Sidewinder style counterlungs with BM doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am curious what happens if the cave is narrow and makes an inverted V profile, so when you swim thru the restriction and contour the cave with your body, the arch on our back disappears, and you completely compress the CL so you cant breathe?

Or another scenario, swimming thru a narrow bedding plane, as you squeeze thru, can the ceiling of the cave press onto the tanks compressing them against your back and again making the sw/gemini unbreathable?

The sidewinder is a tool for a specific job. It can never breathe as well as some of the backmount stuff in all positions, ignoring its hose size and scrubber diameter, the counterlung is low and gonna inhale easy and exhale hard head up. Too much for me if I was in a scenario i had to work and not vegetate.

I am curious what happens if the cave is narrow and makes an inverted V profile, so when you swim thru the restriction and contour the cave with your body, the arch on our back disappears, and you completely compress the CL so you cant breathe?

Or another scenario, swimming thru a narrow bedding plane, as you squeeze thru, can the ceiling of the cave press onto the tanks compressing them against your back and again making the sw/gemini unbreathable?
The SW lungs are mostly at your side not on top of your back.

Back
Top Bottom