Sidemount tanks “A-framing”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyDyvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dove sidemount for the fourth time today with my SMS75 and HP100’s. Everything is feeling good and my trim is nicely horizontal. Tanks are pretty much inline with my torso, just a little higher on the bottom end. My tanks do seem to be “a-framing quite a bit. Maybe 4-6” off of my body at the bottoms. It doesn’t really bother me but I’d like for them to be tucked in a little tighter if possible.

Anyone have suggestions that may work for this situation? Are my bungees too tight? Bottom tank attachments too long?

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I took video of myself at the end of the dive and it looks like the neck leashes have some slack in them. What length do you recommend for them?

U
Thanks for the tip. I took video of myself at the end of the dive and it looks like the neck leashes have some slack in them. What length do you recommend for them?
Unhook them in the water and if nothing changes then it isn't them. Could be lp inflator/ drysuit hose too.

little Nemo fins! If you were in my class that would have gotten your hands bungeed to your d-rings

Hahaha! I knew someone would say that. I would love to take your class by the way, but I think I'm a little far away. Where do you teach it?

By shorten lower attachment points do you mean move the clamp forward on the tank?

Hahaha! I knew someone would say that. I would love to take your class by the way, but I think I'm a little far away. Where do you teach it?

By shorten lower attachment points do you mean move the clamp forward on the tank?

I don't really teach outside of the university

Shorten the attachment points is make the leash between the clamp and the bolt snap as short as possible.
They also need to move up. Take a tape measure and measure the distance between the grommets where the loop bungees attach and the top of the door handles on the bottom. That should be the same distance as the post on the valve, to the top of the worm gears/cam bands on the tanks. This allows the tanks to hang straight down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom