Sidemount regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are great regulators at a good price. I will service my own when needed but if you don't wish to do that you can return them for servicing and for the first service the parts are free. They could easily be serviced by any shops that are familiar with regs like Apeks etc. but that would be up to the shop. I bought them when they first came out which was a fantastic deal at the time but I doubt if it would ever be repeated.

@nldiver1984 Apologies for the packages not being online at the moment, its a calculation issue with the software as explained elsewhere.

A sidemount set is roughly $900 give or take some options. I will let other customers tell you about their experiences as thats more important than me selling you on our regs, because I am biased. lol

@grf88 The Signature is a diaphragm regulator. While we have some unique features and components that are specific to us as a brand, any service tech who has experience with any diaphragm regulator from any manufacturer should be able to service the reg if they want to. We publish the manual freely online.

Your choice of regulators might change due to where you plan on diving. As an example I dive Sidemount in caves. In that environment you may want to buy the very best available. Open water at 100 fsw and a reg or first stage fails and you have many options. Cave not so much.

Happy with my deep6, 2 first stages, 1 second stage. Second breathes very nice. I dive OW shallow, my other regs are SP MK25 EVO S600, 156 that breath well, 109, 108 that breath harder.

Firsts current cost on site, second an earlier cheaper deal. I tore apart and reassembled the second from interest, very simple. Lots of places to mail regs to for service, including deep6. I figure two places local would do them as well.

Edit: The second was a sale last year, $65. The firsts are recent and $245 each, plus some hoses, to create a sidemount setup using the deep6 second and one of my more vintage or S600 Scuba Pros to try out different reg set ups, with an XDeep Stealth and 2x LP50s up and tight with loop bungees. I liked that I can service them with official parts, even becoming official by taking a class. That is rare. I have no connection to deep6 beyond as a customer.

I dive Sidemount in caves. In that environment you may want to buy the very best available.

I think that is one reason we make a great choice for a Sidemount set. All of us at Deep 6 are active tech/overhead instructors and divers. Several of our modifications to our design were done specifically for optimizing Sidemount.

Our regs are consistently used throughout the full texhnical diving range including cave. I personally dive our regs confidently for both my trimix and cave dives.

The great part is you can use our regulator for any configuration or style, including recreational.

Cheers,
Landon

Someone asks what should I buy for gear and it depends on the application. I didn’t suggest or promote what I dive. That wasn’t my intent. So many divers on this site are open water divers of some sort and looking for advise vs cave divers - trimix divers - wreck divers that their question on what to buy needs to put into perspective. Or perhaps they need to reconsider their current needs vs their future needs. For those of us that have the funds to purchase first class gear the first time it’s an easier decision.

I dive Deep6 regs in sidemount in caves. Love them. They're 5th port swivel, which right out of the box gives you the most options for hose routing. They perform great in everything from wide open passages to tight silty gross stuff. The cost is excellent. I've found them to be a top quality regulator at an excellent price point.

I say all this stuff having never gotten a discount from them, not one of their brand ambassadors, just a normal customer. I will be standardizing on their regs for bailout, deco, and stage bottles as my other regs need service. That's more a service thing, keeping one set of parts kits is my spares is much easier. It's not that I dislike any of my other regs, it's just easier to have one set of parts to look after. I won't be getting rid of my Apeks Tek3's because they're the best for rebreather mounting, and I won't get rid of my inflation bottle reg, because it fits the need better than anything. However, all of my other breathing regs will get swapped over the next few years.

Someone asks what should I buy for gear and it depends on the application. I didn’t suggest or promote what I dive. That wasn’t my intent. So many divers on this site are open water divers of some sort and looking for advise vs cave divers - trimix divers - wreck divers that their question on what to buy needs to put into perspective. Or perhaps they need to reconsider their current needs vs their future needs. For those of us that have the funds to purchase first class gear the first time it’s an easier decision.
Do you have first hand experience with Deep6 regs or are you basing your comments on their lower price. In your information you state that you use Apex regs can I assume you mean Apeks or are they something completely different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom