Sidemount from Rec Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have seen a lot if people ask about sidemount from rec boats. I happened to catch this on a recent trip to Cozumel. Thanks to Cozumel Marine World for letting me dive my way. At this point I'm ready for back roll, dock jump, or just about any entry. Once in the water, remove safety clips and replace with loop bungee. Stow hoses and go back to clips at the safety stop.

I did a few days on a six pack this week as well. Just kneel on the bottom and clip in. Ready to go.

Thanks,

Joshua Vogt

You might want to practice clipping in while neutral; there is not always a kneeable bottom nearby.

I think OP meant kneeling on the bottom of the six pack boat, not in the water. That's how I read it …

You might want to practice clipping in while neutral; there is not always a kneeable bottom nearby.

Bottom of the 6 pack/rib. Clipping in neutral is easy. Divemaster letting you jump off a boat in 80' of water without their tanks secured not so much.

Did two weeks of single SM on a boat in Bonaire and one in Aruba. Generally easy enough. I re-rigged my LH reg set with an alternate but the hose really wasn't long enough. I did keep the alternate on a bungee around my neck vs routing the hose to the chest and maintaining the alternate in some other manner at the chest. I'd want a little longer hose in the future because the alternate is routed down then turned up and under the arm.

Clipping in was not difficult from the bench. I generally bungeed in vs using a safety clip for the short distance to the back of the boat.

I need more practice with undoing the bungie to allow removal of the tank in preparation for handing to the crew when getting back on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom