sidemount for deep diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thinking about sidemount and is it practical for deco dives.
Hmmm.... well... yes... it's just a bit different gas (standard, contingency and emergency) planning and management. But asking that question begs this one... just how much deco training do you have?
:)
Rick

just considering different gear setups before i buy something,
ok. Nothing wrong with having a sidemount rig in your repitoire.
But understand our concern... anyone ready to buy a sidemount rig and dive sidemount wouldn't generally be asking about its appropriateness for use on deco dives.
:)
Rick

I have recently switched to sidemount and will never look back. If I had it to do all over again I never wound have ever backmounted. I now sidemount for all my dives requiring doubles. Hope this helps. Be sure to get a good instructor or strong mentor/buddy to assist you with sidemount as this will make the learning much easier and faster. Hope this helps. Mike

I have recently switched to sidemount and will never look back. If I had it to do all over again I never wound have ever backmounted. I now sidemount for all my dives requiring doubles. Hope this helps. Be sure to get a good instructor or strong mentor/buddy to assist you with sidemount as this will make the learning much easier and faster. Hope this helps. Mike

I recently bought a sm rig. It has been interesting, since there is no standardization like with a hog rig. I am constantly making changes to my rig, but I'm not abandoning bm.

Back
Top Bottom