SI Tech - silicon neck seal sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a question regarding the size of silicon neck seals.

The SI Tech website lists two sizes: standard (11 - 14.5 inches) and small (8.6 - 11.8 inches).

My neck is 13.25 inches, so I ordered the regular size. It is huge! Brand new, never been used, all 7 trim lines intact. So loose as to provide no seal at all. According to the size measurements, it should be a very good fit. The small would be too small.

I am a three hr. trip away from the nearest dive shop, so will be relying on mail. I bought the Quick Neck system and seal directly from BARE in Vancouver. (BTW, the people there are super nice, and did an awesome job of installing the Quick Neck system on my compressed neoprene suit - a ladies small.)

Well, I think I just figured it out. The seal measurements are the actual size of the opening on the seal, NOT the size of your neck! How stupid is that?! We need to know what size to fit our neck, not the unstretched size of the seal! SI Tech should clarify this info. Now I'm going to miss another couple weeks of diving while I exchange the seal.....

If it is a little too small, you can trim a bit. If it is too big, it is too big.

I have one Si tech silicon neck seal that I can trade with your regular size. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom