SI Tech Quick Clamp Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSloan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently installed SI Tech Quick Dry Gloves on my Whites Fusion drysuit. I am able to "connect" them (i.e., push the glove into the wrist mount) but i cannot for the life of me disconnect them. Even when I am not wearing the suit and am able to use two hands I am not able to spin the release ring which forces the pieces apart. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how have you solved it. I have read some posts about waxing the canal under the o-ring, but not sure if that would necessarily help this situation. Have seen posts about spitting on the o-ring as well but that didn't help things.

Zipper lube, thinly applied before assembly eases release. That's why I went with the SiTech Glove Lock system. It's a lot easier to doff and don.

Where do you apply it? Is this liquid lube or the standard wax?

You can use silicone grease or crysto lube. I place a thin layer of lubricant inside the grove and then lube the o-ring (slightly greasy). Several of us use the lubricant and found it makes it much easier to don and dof, even while wearing gloves during the cold winter months. A couple of the guys learned about this while diving in Antarctica. Apply the lubricant once. It will last a while. Occasionally I'll pull the o-ring off to clean the grove and o-ring, then reapply before the next dive.

I've tried the wax supplied with the Quick Clamp set and found it worked ok during the hot summer months, but wasn't all that great during the cold season. Ever since we went away from the wax each of us has been able to put on and take off the gloves without any assistance.

Where do you apply it? Is this liquid lube or the standard wax?

Inside the cuff. The entire surface of the cuff that contacts the O-ring. The O-ring is dragging on the plastic of the cuff. Just use the wax stuff from the tube. My Glove Lock's came with a tube.

Last edited:
A dry zipper lubricant, either wax or the synthetic stuff from McNett will greatly ease the donning and removing of your gloves. You need to lubricate the interior surface of the cuff that is mounted to your suit. Make sure to always keep that area and your seals clean and free from debris, as such may cause a leak.

Thanks. Got wet this weekend and waxing worked like a charm. I did find that, even with the tubes at the wrist, I still got a lot of squeeze in the glove. I could tilt to lift my hand above my head and get some air in the glove temporarily, but as soon as I moved them back below my body, the squeeze was just as bad as it had been before. Not a huge deal but obviously results in less thermal protection. Any tips/tricks?

Your glove set should have come with small tubing that goes underneath your wrist seal to allow into the glove.

I've found the tubing to be ok. Instead I use a three inch length of bungee cord which allows more air into my glove.

Paracord, bungee cord, and even cotton clothes line works better and is a lot cheaper to replace.

Doesn't the air still migrate out of your gloves though if they are lower than the rest of your body (regardless of what is keeping the pathway open)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom