Si Tech Inflator Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
upload_2020-9-27_14-1-16.jpeg

Is the tube on the valve that takes in air, that the low pressure hose connector connects to, supposed to look like this on the inside? Is it built with a cross piece?

I may have just figured out the drysuit issue. When I was fiddling with the tube it seemed it was loose on the valve body, and it looked as if it screwed out, so I twisted it and it did screw all the way out. When it did I saw that that cross piece is an actual manufactured piece of the valve. I’m not sure what it does though. But when I screwed tube back in the cross piece was flush instead of a tad recessed, so I think I must have just had that tube loose on the body of the valve earlier, and the air was leaking. I’m not sure how it was actually inflating the drysuit, though, but it appear fixed. Now I just need to figure out why, after switching to a wetsuit on that dive and trying out by GoPro and DPV, I later heard a hissing noise on the video that I don’t recall hearing at the time, and upon cleaning my gear at home after watching the video my Atomic. SS1 seems to be leaking out the mouthpiece. I wish I was smarter!

Yes. Normal.
There are 2 O-rings that seal. Once should have been on the nipple you took out, just above the threads.
The other one is inside the LP hose that connects to it. If you take a look inside with a good light and maybe some glasses you will see an O-ring in there that seals around the nipple, and the tip of what looks like the core of a tire stem, because it is.
The purpose of the piece in the nipple is to push open the LP hose by pushing in the core tip to open the airway. Without that the LP hose stays closed when pressurized.
BTW, be careful when screwing those nipples into the valve. That is metal into plastic. The real sealing is done by the O-ring. If you tighten the nipple excessively you can strip out the plastic. Done that.

A completely separate issue is the leaking SS1. That could signal a intermediate pressure problem with the main reg, an adjustment needed with the SS1, or possibly a problem with SS1 itself.
Do you have an IP gauge and know how to use it?

Yes, the cross piece is meant to push on the schrader valve on the LP inflator hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom