Si-Tech hood/seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question: I want to go with a latex hood on my Whites/Aqualung Enviro drysuit which has Si tech neck rings. Do I need a combo hood/neck seal? I don't think I could fit both a neck seal and hood inside the neck ring. Do some people use just the hood with no neck seal, and if so is this considered a safe practice?

I confirmed from SiTech that both the neck and hood seals won't fit inside the neck ring. So the big question is this: is a neck seal required/recommended, or is a hood sufficient? I am guessing that it is still needed, but would love to hear from someone!

If it is a latex hood, that is all you use. You do not also use a neck seal.

If it is a latex hood, that is all you use. You do not also use a neck seal.

That would certainly make life simpler. Is it pretty standard to do away with the nexk seal? I seem to be getting conflicting advice on this.

Yup, it is fairly standard. The seal of the hood around your face and head is your "seal".

Do you have a link to the latex hood you're using?

Thanks,
m

Back
Top Bottom