Si-tec vs waterproof neck seal

• Si-tec silicon

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Waterproof silicon

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, what about us DUI zip seal users? :)

I will say this: I bought a pair of Waterproof *wrist* seals and I was disappointed by how thin they were. I ended up breaking them pretty easily. I’m sure they were more flexible, but I pretty much require the greater durability of the SI Tech.

Again, wrist seals. Maybe the Waterproof neck seals are thicker, or maybe you are more careful than I. :)

I will say this: I bought a pair of Waterproof *wrist* seals and I was disappointed by how thin they were. I ended up breaking them pretty easily. I’m sure they were more flexible, but I pretty much require the greater durability of the SI Tech.

Again, wrist seals. Maybe the Waterproof neck seals are thicker, or maybe you are more careful than I. :)

Ha! I was thinking that, as well.

I will say I’m used to the SiTech silicone neck seals. There’s a lot more length to the DUI silicone seals. I disliked that the DUI seals come in this stupid closed cone shape and you HAVE to cut them. I didn’t need to cut either the SiTech neck or wrist seals.

I have the si-tec neck system so it’s their brand or the waterproof style which are a bit cheaper and seem to have a directional shape to the bellows.

I didn't realize you could use the Waterproof seals with si-tech systems? Is this true for both the wrist and neck seals?

I didn't realize you could use the Waterproof seals with si-tech systems? Is this true for both the wrist and neck seals?

Yes and it will work both ways. SI Tech actually makes the ring systems used on the Waterproof suits.

I have one suit with each, don't think either has torn or been changed. Waterproof suit is from 2012, White's with Si-Tech was retrofitted in 2013-ish. I do not notice a major difference between the neckseals, the waterproof wrist seals tear more easily than the Si-Tech branded ones.

I have a couple of extra neck seals, one of them is a waterproof ine withe bellows. The seal sgould be mounted with vellows in the back. Not sure if it will be a pain or not to line that up properly, but the si-tech ones are uniform so nothing to index.

For wrist seals, I found the shape of the Waterproof branded ones dont contact my wrist as well as the shape of the Si-Tech ones, so have stocked up on the latter.

The Waterproof seals come in black, blue, and red, Si-tech's come in black or blue.

Both brands of seals are made by Si-Tech.

-Z

I have a couple of extra neck seals, one of them is a waterproof ine withe bellows. The seal sgould be mounted with vellows in the back. Not sure if it will be a pain or not to line that up properly, but the si-tech ones are uniform so nothing to index.

For wrist seals, I found the shape of the Waterproof branded ones dont contact my wrist as well as the shape of the Si-Tech ones, so have stocked up on the latter.

The Waterproof seals come in black, blue, and red, Si-tech's come in black or blue.

Both brands of seals are made by Si-Tech.

-Z

You can also get SI Tech seals in Purple and NATO Green

Back
Top Bottom