shutter release problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blesi varney

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

Has anybody ever have a problem with the shutter release lever on their D200 Ikelite housing? Sometimes, when I take a picture, the lever just presses on the button but does not release it. The metal spring that holds the lever in place comes off of it sometimes, and I can hear the camera trying to focus but it won't shoot. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you in advance.:)

it sounds like your camera is not seated directly under the button. (I always try out each button/lever right after closing my housing as I have gotten in the water before and discovered that I didn't get the camera in straight and some or none of them worked. Either the camera or the levers may need some slight reajustment or tweaking. Does this happen ever dive or some dives only?

If it is every dive then ....
I haven't done this myself but have heard of some people needing to bend the lever slightly themselves but I would recommend you call Ikelite and explain it to them. You may need them to do it for you. As with all things manufacturered, sometimes they just don't line up right!

That combined with camera nesting/locating system you truly need to verifiy the function of all key buttions prior getting in the water.

When it comes to discussing housings, many people question the value of the Subal, SeaCam housings et.al over the Ike offerings.

All the housings can support equally great images and if properely used, keep the camera dry. It is the ergonomics and robustness of the operation of the housings where the difference lies.

So in the end, you get what you pay for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom