Shutter lag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jormax

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am about to buy either a c5050 or a c5060. I have read the pros and cons about both systems. I like that the pt-020 housing for the 5060 has a bulkhead adapter so that I can use 2 stobes w/o a slave. But, what about shutter lag? I have heard/read that the c5050 has a bad shutter lag, and that the c5060 is significantly better. Any input on this issue? I have not seen any information that defines the difference.

I can only speak in reference to the C-5050 but I found just the opposite, there's less shutter lag with the 5050 than I had with the 4040 and I've heard others say the same. Since we're talking about a split second here, I would use another criteria to choose which camera to buy.

Sorry Dee, I have to disagree with you here. That 0.9 sec shutter lag is long enough to have a fish turn around and leave the shot. The shutter lag for the 5050 is better than most digital cameras but I'd like to see it get much quicker. I'm not sure what the specs for the 5060 are but the closer it gets to the DSLRs (0.2 sec or faster) the better. In addition with the housing it's difficult to feel where the shutter halfway point is for prefocusing the 5050.
Cjh

That's OK, Clutch!

I'm thinking about the lag when using the half-press technique, it is very short with my 5050. You're right, without the half-press the shutter lag on all digitals seems to take forever.

Sorry for the confusion...I should have thought before typing!

The total shutter lag (AF lag + shutter release lag) for the C5050 is 0.7 - 0.9 secs (wide and tele). The 5060 has been previewed at 0.4 secs in wide mode. I think more testing with a prodcution model is in order.

Back
Top Bottom