show your weight loss in LEAD!! (or other household goods!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
ok...... we havent had a pic thread for a while!!!

with the drysuit im having to dive with 20lbs of lead!!!! (i usually dive with either 4 or 8 depending on the rig i dive)

one thought went thru my head yesterday as i was walking up 2 flights of stairs with about 50lbs of gear...... this is how i felt EVERY SINGLE DAY before I DECIDED TO BE HEALTHIER AND LOOSE WEIGHT and do i ever want to feel that way again??? NO!!

so im asking each of us to sit down tonight and collect the amount of lead (use your weightbelt) that represents how much you have lost so far... HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME ALREADY and take a pic of it to show us HOW MUCH YOU HAVE ACHIEVED!!!!

to those that have struggled with a couple of pounds (which are often the HARDEST to loose!!!) grab a packet of fatty butter or bowling ball or a box of washing detergent, something fun to represent your achievement also as any amount of weight loss is a huge achievement and you should be proud of yourself!!!

you can be or not be in the pic.... i would rather you be in it as its good to put a face to the name

oh, and if you have lost inches and not weight (as muscle weighs more than fat) how about just you with a ruler or in some looser clothing???

as ive just thought of this i will have to do mine tonight when i get home so start thinking about it and HAVE SOME FUN!!!, be silly if you want and grab a kiddie if he/she represents what you have lost or use a pumpkin... anything that reminds you how far you have come and you can stand there holding it and think IVE LOST THIS!

Would a picture of how many lead weights I used be okay? :blinking:

i dont see why not...... i just wanted to up some fun here as we are all slogging away and i think it will be a good reminder on how far we have come!

or how about what you use to use in lead to what you now use in lead as a comparrison???

EDIT: I'll redo the picture tonight. :wink:

Cute idea!....I know someone that can almost post a pic of her oldest child for their weight loss example :D What an achievement!

ok, here is mine!!

100lbs of fat gone which i represent as 100lbs of lead
100lbslead1.jpg

OR 4 steel tanks!
4tanks.jpg

WOW! Almity! GREAT JOB!!! I hope the weights didn't topple over onto you! That would HURT! :wink:

Well... I've lost 64 lbs.
My 7 1/2 year old daughter weighs 51 lbs.
My 9 1/2 year old son weighs 76 lbs.
I don't have enough lead to equal 64 lbs, and I don't own my own tanks.
Hmmm... time to get creative. I'll post pics in a bit. :D

Well... since I don't have 64 lbs of canned food in my pantry... I decided to use my daughter and and some lead weights. :wink: Then, I put on some baggy clothes... then, some clothes that fit! And, lastly, a pic of "where I came from". I'm gonna go out on a limb here (this takes major guts!)... and post a swimsuit pic... and it's REALLY BAD... and I WAS REALLY REALLY FAT!!! BEWARE!

Sierra is 7 1/2 year old, 4'2", and 51 lbs. She is holding 13 lbs of lead. So... 64 lbs!

100_0842.jpg

And here is me in some super baggy clothes now!

Here, I'm in a pair of jeans... non-stretchy waist, but has a drawstring to pull it tight. :wink: Size 26... but fit big like a 28.
100_0844.jpg

The jeans will fall off if I don't hold them up! The shirt is a 26/28.
100_0849.jpg

And... here I am in clothes that fit... sorta! :wink:

Shorts 20, shirt still too big. Oh... and look! Sleeveless!
100_0851.jpg

And... in a short sleeve shirt.
100_0856.jpg

Look! My shirt is tucked in!
100_0855.jpg

BEWARE... The next pic is from 4 years ago... I was at my high weight back then too. (Then I lost some, and regained it ALL and started over in January.) I feel like I can post it now, because that's not who I am anymore. :wink: (Please, no "fat remarks" though.)

Jamiebig4.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom