Show Me The Best Most Robust Dive Flag Available, Please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need the best flag money can buy, price does not matter - I need something bulletproof. My old flag met an untimely death. Buoys are an option as well! Thanks!

The best dive flag probably depends on what application you will be using it for.

If you want to have a flag/float that is extremely robust, tows very easily in current, will provide significant buoyancy to support a diver at the surface (in an emergency), will stand up to waves, being dragged over rocks and a beach (and other similar abuse), has a flag stiffener (which is required in the State of Florida), has a removable dive flag that meets Florida State size requirements and will keep a 12 pack of beer cold for an entire day....I'm not sure where to look..

However if the last feature is not important... :eyebrow: I think you should take a look at this float/flag.

Hawaiian Hard Float | MAKO Spearguns

MHHF2-2T.jpg

Paired up with our reel and a reef hook, you have a complete system.

Utility Reel | MAKO Spearguns

MUR.1-2T.jpg

Reef Hook | MAKO Spearguns

MRH-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear it has a Florida compliant flag on it. I might have to look closer at this. Does it have a keel weight to keep it upright?

Glad to hear it has a Florida compliant flag on it. I might have to look closer at this. Does it have a keel weight to keep it upright?

Yes sir it does. We offer the float "naked" for spearfisherman who don't need a flag (assuming the boat is displaying one). If you select the flag option, then we include the flag mount which uses a 2 lb dive weight as ballast which is secured tightly by a 2-inch wide rubber belt. The ballast is essential to making the flag/float stable in the ocean.

The photo below shows the underside of the float with the optional weight.

mhhfr-i-weight_dtl.jpg

Way cool... Just over $80 with the flag.

What's the deal with your high pressure float? Can they be deployed from depth like an SMB? That would be totally awesome.

Way cool... Just over $80 with the flag.

What's the deal with your high pressure float? Can they be deployed from depth like an SMB? That would be totally awesome.

I've not thought of that possibility. It has a schrader valve (car tire) for inflation, so I am not sure that would work well, plus there is no over pressure relief device on the high pressure float. If it were deployed from the appropriate depth (to account for expansion) it should work, I guess.

Something to think about. It would be a game changer as they say. :D A valve that could hook up to an inflator hose and an OPV would be awesome all around.

When you come up with an integrated cooler, let me know! :wink:
It's called the boat! :D :D :D

It's called the boat! :D :D :D

Unfortunately it doesn't help me when I'm driving the boat, but it sure is nice to enjoy a beer when we get back to the dock.... another reason why I appreciate tips in the form of a cold beer when we get back and are all tied up :drunks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom