Suggestion Show Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi SB Staff

I would suggest to let each one shoose from a list there certificates and this make each person shows there certificates so the others know how experience this person is. beside the logged dives. On other hand for example if I want to ask about something related to Nitrox, I will know if that person certified or not. Or in Technical Diving. Things of that sort.

gehadoski:
Hi SB Staff

I would suggest to let each one shoose from a list there certificates and this make each person shows there certificates so the others know how experience this person is. beside the logged dives. On other hand for example if I want to ask about something related to Nitrox, I will know if that person certified or not. Or in Technical Diving. Things of that sort.
Wow. If I showed you a wallet full of credit cards, would you think I was qualified to advise you on financial matters?

This is why we have discussion forums. People discuss. If so-and-so says something silly, the next guy will rebut, etc.

Maybe we could require pictures that display a person's hair length too. Cuz I don't listen to no hippies! :D

Well... I can't help but agree with ScubaMoo on this... the cert. listing that is... I don't know about hippies... but I do know you can't enter the pasture of a Jersey Bull without being noticed. :D

Anyway... about listing certifications:
1. Who is going to do all the work to verify that they are correct and current?
2. Certifications do not guarantee competence nor quality. I've seen some incredible displays of incompetence by divers with impressive certifications... and I've seen the opposite too.
3. The community (as the Jersey Bull stated) will quickly identify, charge and gore those who are handing out bogus information. If you have your BS filter in place, turned on and tuned in then you should be able to pick out the 15 year old *Dr.* who is dispensing technical mixed gas diving advice or the *as yet to do her check out dives for OW* expert who is advising on buoyancy control.

Uncle Pug:
Anyway... about listing certifications:
1. Who is going to do all the work to verify that they are correct and current?
2. Certifications do not guarantee competence nor quality. I've seen some incredible displays of incompetence by divers with impressive certifications... and I've seen the opposite too.
3. The community (as the Jersey Bull stated) will quickly identify, charge and gore those who are handing out bogus information. If you have your BS filter in place, turned on and tuned in then you should be able to pick out the 15 year old *Dr.* who is dispensing technical mixed gas diving advice or the *as yet to do her check out dives for OW expert* who is advising on buoyancy control.

Could not agree more Pug.
Especially the bolded part.
JK

gehadoski:
Hi SB Staff

You know if you go look at the profile of who evers qualifications you are interested in you might find them listed under certification level.

Sorry for my bad suggestion. :toilet I will not do it again

To help back pugs statements, loook at the picture in the first post of this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t75202-little-hope-for-florida-reefs.html

Notice the sticker under the tank... Not just an OW.. if the classes were taken as most shops offer in S. FL, probably an OW then AOW/EAN. Now, if your looking at the enlarged pic of the activities, lobstering, you'll notice the only mastered skills are breathing through reg and reef desctruction.

Trust me.. you can pick out those who are talking beyond their means.

CBulla:
To help back pugs statements, loook at the picture in the first post of this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t75202-little-hope-for-florida-reefs.html

Notice the sticker under the tank... Not just an OW.. if the classes were taken as most shops offer in S. FL, probably an OW then AOW/EAN. Now, if your looking at the enlarged pic of the activities, lobstering, you'll notice the only mastered skills are breathing through reg and reef desctruction.

Trust me.. you can pick out those who are talking beyond their means.
LOL. I like the snorkle, though. :D
OK, so what can we learn from THIS picture? http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5299/sort/1/cat/500/page/1 :D

bwerb:
(Here's one 16 year old girl from Kalamazoo certified as a Tech 3 diver...with experience in diving the Monitor signing off...:D )

Oh. I thought you were Canadian. Well, six of one... :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom